Hormones drive fat deposition around the pelvis and thighs of women. For women, this fat appears to be physiologically beneficial, during pregnancies. But also has a cosmetic down-side, in the form of cellulite. During the adolescent growth period, the rate of fat increase in girls, is double, compared to boys. It is marked by more & large fat cells & it is
seen mostly in the pelvis, buttocks and thighs–and in the breasts. This general acceleration in body fat deposits, is attributed mostly to female hormone levels changes. After adolescence, the deposition of sex-specific fat more or less stops, or decreases dramatically, in Normal-weight women, and there is usually no further increase in the number of fat cells.
The truth about thigh fat
Before menopause, women’s bodies store excess fat predominantly in Hips & thigh area, creating what’s come to be known as the “pear- shaped” body. Since thousands of years, fat storage in these areas helped cave-dwelling women survive during times of famine & drought. The fat stored around the pelvis, buttocks and thighs of women also acts as reserve storage for the high energy demands of lactation. But this advantage brings one disadvantage that many women experience: the orange-peel-appearance on the hips, thighs and buttocks, which is known as cellulite. Cellulite appears as body fat is increased & more of it is packed into existing cells. (Make a Note, that new cells are generally not formed after adolescence period.) These packed cells then swell &, when large enough, become easily visible through the skin. As the skin gets thinner & less flexible with age, the puffed-up fat cells become more visible.
Quick indicators to measure thigh fat
There are various ways of measuring Thigh obesity including:
- Absolute Thigh circumference
- Body Composition Analysis (BCA)
- Body Mass Index (BMI)
How to reduce thigh fat
As most women know, it is more difficult to shed fat from the pelvis, buttocks and thighs than it is to trim down other areas of the body. How to reduce thigh fat, How to lose weight from thighs, How to Reduce thighs & How to get Slim thighs, are amongst the common questions asked by women. Fat thighs or Fat buttocks are the concerns of many women.
- Thigh reducing exercises such as squats & lunges, are generally done by women with bulky thighs. These exercises do tone up the muscles in the thigh area, but generally do not help in losing the fat deposits in thigh.
- Overall Cardiovascular exercises would help in losing weight overall, not in a specific area.
- Eating healthy & sensibly would also help in losing weight all over the body but would not do much to reduce Cellulite.
- Prettislim U-Lipo Thigh Tuck is one of the highly recommended Non surgical treatment for Thigh fat reduction and for preventing thigh obesity. This treatment targets the fatty tissue selectively and helps in Slimmer thighs with contouring & Shaping. To know more, about, how does U-Lipo Thigh Tuck works, Click Here.
U-Lipo Thigh Tuck results
Disclaimer:* Results may vary from person to person depending upon age, sex, basal metabolic rate, medical history, family history, lifestyle and physical activity.