With new fads like face-contouring and body-contouring, it’s quite obvious that a lot of emphasis is being laid on outward appearances in today’s world. Men and women alike are under constant pressure to always look slim and trim. And while some people find losing weight easy, others struggle, despite following strict diets and stringent exercise regimes. One particular issue that people seem to have with their bodies is upper back fat. While both men and women suffer from this problem, women have more of an issue with it, as back fat generally leads to what is known as the “bra bulge”.
The Bra Bulge
The fatty deposits on the upper back area bulge out around women’s bras, making them self conscious when they wear fitted clothes, or strapless tops and dresses. Before you decide that you’re too fat, or too curvy, it’s a good idea to get your bra size checked. Studies show that 85% of women wear bras that aren’t right for their body or shape. A bra that is too tight, will push excess skin and fat out of the way, and cause some amount of bra bulge. If changing your bra doesn’t solve the problem, then there are a few other things you can do to get rid of the fatty tissues here. While regular exercise and a clean and healthy diet may help men and women lose weight overall, there are very limited things they can do to target the bulges on their back. This had led to several women opting for bra bulge liposuction to get rid of the unsightly bumps, but this process is invasive, and isn’t always safe.
Losing the Back Fat
If you too are struggling to figure out how to lose upper back fat, then you’ve come to the right place. I’ve come up with a guide that will show you how to lose back fat for women and men. Here are my top 3 ways to get rid of those back bulges:
1) Exercise: While you might already be hitting the gym every day and following an intensive workout routine, there are a few exercises in particular that can really help tone the fat on your back. If you’re ready to change your focus at the gym, then try these exercises to reduce back fat:
- Pull-Ups: Definitely one of the harder exercises, a pull-up engages and sculpts all the muscles on your back. For maximum results, you should grip the bar with your palms facing out, as this engages your lat muscle and back far more than the easier version of the pull-up, where your palms face inwards. If you’re a bit worried about managing a pull-up on your own, you can always use the assisted pull-up machine that should be available in your gym. While it looks a bit big and scary, it is actually quite useful, and can help you out until you master the exercise on your own.
- Rowing: The basic rowing movement perfectly targets your back muscles, making it a great exercise if your main focus is getting rid of your back fat. If your gym doesn’t have a rowing machine, or if you find it boring, you can always switch up the exercise and try a Dumbbell Row instead. This exercise only requires a light dumbbell and a bench or low table, so you can even do it at home. Place one knee on the bench, and bend forward until your back is flat. If your left knee is on the bench, then hold the dumbbell in your right hand, and contract your upper back muscles to pull the arm with the dumbbell back in a straight line. You should mimic a rowing motion, and your elbow should skim the side of your body each time. You can start with 10 repetitions on each side, and slowly increase them as you continue working out.
- Push-Ups: This basic chest exercise also engages your back muscles while you lower your body to the ground. For maximum impact on the back area, hold your position at the bottom for a minimum of 3 seconds before pushing yourself back up into the starting push-up position.
- Skipping: Although skipping with a jump rope feels like a lot of shoulder exercise, the fact is that it also helps tone your back. Skipping in general is a great exercise and a fabulous cardio workout, so it’s great if you incorporate skipping into your everyday routine.
2) Yoga: Although not as intense as a gym workout, yoga is just as efficient in toning your muscles, and can even help you get rid of back fat. Poses like the side plank, the bow, and the locust work best for upper back fat.
Side Plank: Start in a downward dog position, and move your feet together so that your big toes are touching. Move your right hand to centre of the top of your mat. Roll onto your right side, so you are balancing on the outside edge of your flexed right foot, while extending your left arm straight up, towards the ceiling. Hold the pose for 5 breaths, before repeating the process on the left side.
Bow: Start by lying face down on your mat. Bend your knees, raise your legs upwards. One hand at a time, reach behind you to grab your ankles from the outside. When you have a good grip on both ankles, lift your thighs as high as you can, while also lifting your upper body off the mat. You should be resting not on your pubic bone, but on your navel. Hold this pose for five breaths before relaxing.
Locust: Lie face down on your mat, arms beside you, and your palms facing the ceiling. Breathe in, and lift your legs, upper body, and head off the mat. Support yourself with your hand, which should be placed firmly on the mat. Breathe out, and relax your shoulder muscles, trying to lengthen your spine by moving your head away from your feet. Stay in this pose for five breaths.
3) Non Surgical Lipolysis: I understand that as a professional it might not always be easy to find the time to exercise regularly and follow a strict diet, or shell out money for a surgical procedure like liposuction. If you’re one of these people, you can opt for a Non Surgical Body Shaping & Body Contouring Programs. It offers you the best of both worlds. Cost-effective and hardly time consuming, a Non Surgical weight loss treatment could be your golden ticket to figuring out how to reduce back fat.
At Prettislim, our revolutionary U-Lipo treatment will break down the adipose tissues in your upper back area, and will help you expel the bra bulge. Our treatment is safe, non-invasive and absolutely pain-free. What’s more, you can see the results from the first session itself, and if you follow the diet we prescribe for you, you’ll be rid of that back fat in no time!
Whether you opt to exercise regularly, practice yoga, or come to Prettislim for a U-Lipo Upper Back Tuck, it’s important to remember that it might take a little time before you see the results you’re hoping for. Always remember that slow progress is better than no progress, and if you stick to your commitment, you’ll soon have the body you desire.