A toned tummy can be considered one of the hallmarks of a healthy body. However, getting rid of abdominal fat and that belly bulge can be difficult. Belly fat is not only unsightly; it also raises the chance of developing health issues like diabetes, blood pressure, and dementia at an early age. There are many causes of tummy fat, like a dip in physical activity, stress, unhealthy eating habits, menopause, a slow metabolic rate, improper digestion and genetics.
But do not despair. There are many ways to rid yourself of that belly fat, and with these home hacks, it can even be easy. A tummy tuck without surgery is easier than you think. Combinations of exercise and home remedies are geared toward giving you that perfectly toned tummy.
When it comes to reducing fat, eating can actually be really helpful. Here are a few foods that will help get rid of your belly fat – all without the hassle of a surgical tummy tuck!
Almonds Go a Long Way
Eat a few almonds every day. They make a good nibble and are loaded with magnesium, protein, fibre and vitamin E. They also have mono-unsaturated fats that aid in decreasing your body mass index.
Beans for the Belly
Beans have the right amount of protein and fibre. With a fat-free quality, beans are ideal for reducing fat. Try eating navy beans, kidney beans, white beans and lima beans for the best results.
Cool as a Cucumber
Squeeze a lemon over a cucumber and eat that as a snack. Cucumbers are rich in silicon and sulphur, which are instrumental in shedding weight. Cucumbers also minimise water weight, especially around your abdomen.
The Best for Breakfast
Eat breakfast cereals for a healthy start to the day. Rye, oats, buckwheat and grains are wholesome. For taste, you can add berries or honey to your cereal. Calcium intake in the mornings aids a flat tummy.
While changing your eating habits will definitely help, it’s also important to do some kind of physical activity. To target the weight around your belly, you can try these simple tummy tuck exercises.
This exercise will exercise not just your abdomen, but also your legs, hips and arms.
- Start by standing with your legs a little wider than shoulder width apart
- Keep your arms down by your side
- Let your right toe touch the ground as you twist your body towards the left
- Extend your left arm above your body as you turn
- Swing your left arm across your body
- Bend your left leg slightly, but keep your left toe on the ground
- Bend your right leg and twist your torso
- Bring your left hand down a few inches outside your right foot
- Repeat on the other side
Weighted Sit Ups
This version of sit ups will exercise your legs, shoulders, and of course your core.
- Lie on a mat
- Bend your knees and keep your feet on the ground
- Hold a 5 pound dumbbell in each hand
- Bend your arms so your hands are near your chest
- Now, lift your knees until they are directly above your hip
- Your feet should be vertical to the ground
- Without straining your neck, lift your torso off the ground
- Extend your right arm to the outside of your left knee
- Lower your torso back to the ground
- Repeat, twisting to the other side
One of the most well-known abdominal exercises, the plank will help you get rid of any excess fat around your belly.
- Get down on your elbows and knees on a mat
- Slowly straighten your legs
- Your legs should be hip-distance apart
- Your weight should now be on your elbows and the balls of your feet
- Ensure your back is not arched and your body is parallel to the floor
- Hold the position for 45 seconds
As you continue to do the plank, you can increase the time from 45 seconds to a minute, and even longer. Repeating all the above exercise patterns will help you tone your body, and get you the flat tummy you desire.
In your pursuit of that ideal tummy, do a comprehensive review of your diet and stick to the foods that are most nutritive. Eat small meals regularly throughout the day and certainly do not starve yourself. Drink at least two litres of water a day. Aim for eight hours of sleep every night. Exercise regularly but do not strain yourself beyond a limit. Get that toned tummy in a natural and healthy way to pave the path towards a fitter and happier you.